Welcome to Episode 008 of the “Awakening with Nathanael Wolf” podcast and radio broadcast.
In this episode, Nathanael continues a new series on “Christification” as the ultimate joy and purpose of our salvation.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- What “Christification” is.
- That Christification does not occur in isolation, but in relationship.
- The proper role of disciplines in the Christian life.
Notable episode quotes:
- “If a person really would think that the spiritual life consists in disciplines like praying, Bible reading, fasting, doing good deeds they are actually in the hands of the devil because they are replacing God with the means of communing with God and in that sense they actually become idolaters… we take something that is supposed to be a means and make it an end and God is displaced… and the poor people who do this usually become very, mean, angry, and cruel. They judge and condemn everyone in sight because they look at other people and see that they are performing these disciplines right… the people who act like this cause all the troubles that are in the church.” –St. Ignatius Brianchaninov
- “Christian life is not found in fasting, prayer, and watching, which are good in themselves, but they are not the goal, they are the necessary means. The true goal consists in our acquiring the Holy Spirit of God.” -St. Seraphim
Download the Sent Ones Unlimited app:
The Sent Ones Unlimited app is the best way to listen to the podcast. Please download the Sent Ones Unlimited app at the Apple App Store or on Google Play (search using the words Sent Ones Unlimited) for the latest episodes as well as our blog posts, ministry schedule, and much more–all right on your smartphone. Plus, our app has a Bible with fourteen English translations (including the Amplified Bible and The Message) and an audio Bible in the English Standard Version.
Another advantage of listening on the Sent Ones Unlimited app is that you don’t have to load iTunes on your computer, subscribe, and then manually sync to your phone. The app does all the work for you and downloads each new episode.
We post each weekly broadcast to the website and the app on Monday mornings. If you have the app, you will automatically get every episode for free.
You may also get every episode for free by subscribing to the podcast. You can subscribe to this podcast at:
If you are not going to listen using the Sent Ones Unlimited app, iTunes, or Google Play then we would suggest that you could use a podcast application on your iPhone or Android phone such as Instacast. Another popular application for listening to podcasts is Downcast.
Applications like these make it easy to discover, subscribe, and listen to podcasts. You simply copy and paste the link to the RSS feed (also shown above) into the search bar of the app and it will find our podcast. They also automatically update your podcasts every time a new episode is released.
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. If you are listening on another platform that allows ratings and reviews please do the same. That would help tremendously in getting the word out by raising the visibility of the show.
Until next time, may you have more kingdom reality, the joy-life of fellowshipping in the family of God, and “MAS FUEGO!” (MORE FIRE!”)
Your Apostolic Revivalists & Equippers,
Nathanael & Michelle Wolf
PS – We hope you enjoyed this post. God uses people just like you to support the ministry of Sent Ones Unlimited. Please CLICK HERE to give a single gift of any amount or become a monthly partner.