Welcome to Episode 014 of the “Awakening with Nathanael Wolf” podcast and radio broadcast.
In this episode, Nathanael continues a new series on “Christification” as the ultimate joy and purpose of our salvation.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The definition of “kenosis”; the self-emptying which was modeled by Jesus and why it is an important part of Christification.
- The “self” that you are to be emptied from.
- The definition of the “false-self” life.
Notable episode quotes:
- “Wasn’t He forever in the form of God, coequal with the Father in every way? Yes, He was; yet He didn’t hold that as His supreme prize. ⁷ Instead He laid aside His outward glory by reducing Himself to the form of a lowly Servant. He became human—God with us! ⁸ He humbled Himself and became vulnerable, choosing to be revealed as a man. He listened to the Father and was obedient to everything He heard. He was a perfect example, even in His death—a criminal’s death by crucifixion! ⁹ Because of that obedience, God exalted Him and multiplied His greatness! He has now been given the greatest of all names!” – Philippians2:5-9 The Passion Translation
- Paul tells us that Jesus did not grasp or hoard his divine nature. For Christ, the character of his divinity is not power, or glory, or might, but rather emptiness, humility, obedience, and even death.
- This means Christianity is not about attaining or grasping Christification or mutual indwelling with God and more about creating the inner emptiness where you can offer God hospitality.
Download the Sent Ones Unlimited app:
The Sent Ones Unlimited app is the best way to listen to the podcast. Please download the Sent Ones Unlimited app at the Apple App Store or on Google Play (search using the words Sent Ones Unlimited) for the latest episodes as well as our blog posts, ministry schedule, and much more–all right on your smartphone. Plus, our app has a Bible with fourteen English translations (including the Amplified Bible and The Message) and an audio Bible in the English Standard Version.
Another advantage of listening on the Sent Ones Unlimited app is that you don’t have to load iTunes on your computer, subscribe, and then manually sync to your phone. The app does all the work for you and downloads each new episode.
We post each weekly broadcast to the website and the app on Monday mornings. If you have the app, you will automatically get every episode for free.
You may also get every episode for free by subscribing to the podcast. You can subscribe to this podcast at:
If you are not going to listen using the Sent Ones Unlimited app, iTunes, or Google Play then we would suggest that you could use a podcast application on your iPhone or Android phone such as Instacast. Another popular application for listening to podcasts is Downcast.
Applications like these make it easy to discover, subscribe, and listen to podcasts. You simply copy and paste the link to the RSS feed (also shown above) into the search bar of the app and it will find our podcast. They also automatically update your podcasts every time a new episode is released.
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. If you are listening on another platform that allows ratings and reviews please do the same. That would help tremendously in getting the word out by raising the visibility of the show.
Until next time, may you have more kingdom reality, the joy-life of fellowshipping in the family of God, and “MAS FUEGO!” (MORE FIRE!”)
Your Apostolic Revivalists & Equippers,
Nathanael & Michelle Wolf
PS – We trust that you enjoyed this podcast. God uses people just like you to support the ministry of Sent Ones Unlimited. We ask you to give a tax-deductible gift or become a monthly partner today. Blessings!